I use Winsor & Newton Artist Oil range and Old Holland Oil paints with Winsor & Newton mediums on a variety of: canvas board, stretched cotton or linen canvases, wooden panels etc. I use Gamblin Varnish which allows faster application times to traditional varnishes without the minimum 6 month drying time.
I use Winsor & Newton and Rowney Artist range watercolours in both pans and tubes on a variety of high quality cold pressed watercolour papers such as italian Fabriano and Centenaire.
I use Derwent Pencils and Kuru Toga Mechanicals on high quality smooth Bristol Board; Strathmore and Bockingford.
Please see the gallery and product information below and Contact me if you would like to enquire about commissioning a portrait.
I am in the process (May 2018) of applying for an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service), something which I believe is vital when painting portraits of children. I would urge you to consider this when choosing a portrait artist for your child. I follow up to date privacy and data collection policies when dealing with your personal photographs and data.
Portraits are all:
- Individually hand painted, in some cases taking 100's of hours work. These are not rushed portraits painted over a print that some sites produce.
- Supplied unframed unless requested, in which case the frame will be in addition to the cost. I do not ship glass fronted frames due to safety concerns in transit, an alternative will be provided where frames are requested. Oil portraits are not traditionally displayed behind glass as the varnish is sufficient protection.
- All framed oil canvases include canvas clips, ventilated backing paper and suitable hanging fixtures, supplied ready to hang.
- Watercolour and graphite portraits come complete with mount. A double mount is available up on request.
- Individually signed by the artist Sally Brown.
- You will be informed of a completion time estimate upon ordering, before payment of a deposit but if you have a deadline please let me know, I will always try my best to accommodate
- I require a non-refundable 50% deposit to secure your order before I can proceed with your commission, the remainder to be paid before dispatch.
- Payment by installments available but payment must be made in full before dispatch.
- Please see my Terms and Conditions in relation to the Sale of Artwork before ordering. You are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the Terms and Conditions by placing an order.